InterChange GTA provides a local coordination function that supports InterChange’s local and international purposes. Food, laughter, and regular in-person contact are central principles of the local centre’s work.
Vision: Community-based peacebuilders sharing knowledge and supporting one another to nurture and develop dynamic, durable peace.
Mission: To foster and make visible community-based peacebuilding in the GTA and internationally.
We will do this by means which will include:
- Ensuring that people working for peace feel supported, knowledgeable and valued in their work.
- Helping peacebuilders develop the education, resources and networks they need to carry out their activities and improve their practice.
- Inspiring and supporting others to take up the cause of peace and see themselves as peacebuilders.
The GTA coordinating group has the following sub-functions / categories of work:
- Events and projects (education, training, skills building; advancing international project themes at a local level; networking AND fundraising to support this)
- Membership and outreach (connecting with our members and involving other peace builders as members, media, connecting with funders, website)
- Fundraising and finance
- Planning and facilitating GTA coordinating group meetings (setting up structure, reminding people of meetings, asking for RSVPs)
- Liaison with InterChange International
The group will regularly to address the above items; task forces can be set up to address priorities that have been identified
Regular agenda outline:
- Go-around and introductions
- Appreciation / celebration (preferably related to InterChange)
- Goals/emphasis of meeting; structural issues
- Liaison with InterChange International (report)
- Events and projects
- Membership and outreach
- Future InterChange GTA meetings (next date, etc…)
Criteria for an InterChange project/event:
- Builds the capacity and visibility of InterChange
- Builds a community of community-based peacebuilders
- Builds relationships
- Meets InterChange’s definition of community-based peacebuilding
- Meets and promotes InterChange principles
Local activities for InterChange GTA:
- Local education / training / skills building activities
- Networking / relationship building / community support (getting to know each other, sharing stories, etc…)
- Newsletter (submitting articles, member profiles, events)
- Developing research / project activities at local level (e.g. on needs of peacebuilders); link with international if possible