The purpose of the InterChange Uganda Local Centre is to promote InterChange International activities in Uganda in line with InterChange’s Vision, Mission, principles and policies as well as the values of the local communities.
- Building local ownership/recognition of the InterChange by encouraging more people to sign up and ensuring continued interaction through meetings, internet, workshops etc.
- Using the media and other means to create awareness about the need for peace as opposed to acrimony
- Building partnerships with individuals and institutions to support and share with each other.
- Participating in anti corruption campaigns
- Promoting interfaith dialogue
- Lobbying and advocacy targeting mainly policy makers to influence them towards peace building.
- Promoting the introduction of peace clubs and peace studies in education institutions.
- Coming up with peace building projects which uphold the Vision, Mission and principles of InterChange International.
- Liaising with other InterChange Local Centers and InterChange Headquarters in Canada on a regular basis inform of information sharing.
- Organizing local training sessions for members.
Meeting Dates and Times:
Meetings are held every second Sunday of the month starting at 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
InterChange Uganda Local Center Office at Busabala Road Nursing Home on Entebbe Road (5-8 minutes drive from Kampala City center).
Board Contact Person:
Name: Issa Kirarira
Mob: +256 (0) 712-802-048
Name: Umar weswala
Mob: +256 (0) 779-853-077
Check out Umar’s peacebuilding blog at: mychoiceispeace.blogspot.com